Step1: Protect the painting surface by covering it with a layer of glassine acid-free sheets.
This is a special paper of an archival quality designed to protect artwork. You can get it from Amazon.
Step2: Wrap the painting with a thick paper for extra protection. This is a special packing roll you can also order from Amazon.
Step3: Secure the painting by wrapping it with a multiple layers of heavy-duty bubble wrap (3 to 4 layers)
Step4: If you are shipping the painting to a client, then place a copy of the invoice and a thank-you note, along with any offer you would like to surprise your client with! Such as a special discount on next order.
Step5: Choose a heavy duty corrugated side-loading box, that is about 1″ to 2″ larger than each side of the painting (to cater for the size-increase after wrapping the painting). For example, if the painting size is:
24″ x 36″ x 1″
Then you can choose a box near to this dimension:
26″ x 38″ x 3″
I order my boxes from ULine.
Print the client address and your Art Studio address into a mailing label and stick it on the box.
Also, make sure to type “Fragile” on the box to warn the package handler at the shipping service you are dealing with.
Load the painting into the box and secure it with a heavy-duty packing tape. Now it is ready to be transported to the shipping office 🙂
I hope you found this post useful! if you have any question, let me know!
Check out my tutorial on how to mix oil colors with easy step-by-step instructions:
- How to Choose a Personalized Custom Art – Tips For Requesting Commissioned Artwork
- DIY Acrylic Painting By Numbers for Adults – Fun Art Projects For Adults
- How To Get a Retro Look for Your Bedroom With Just Four Items | Vintage Color Theme
- Step by Step Painting – Featuring “Arabian Princess” Oil Painting- How I Paint in Oil
- How To Mix Oil Paints for “Coffee Bliss” Painting by GK- Bohemian Color Chart