First of all, what made me choose to paint Coco Chanel? I was looking for an inspiration for my next painting, wasn’t sure what to paint… then while I was applying my favorite perfume “CHANEL Allure “, the amazing fragrance which I have been using the last 10 years, the inspiration hit me! My paintings are all about elegance, and who is more elegant than Coco Chanel? She is a legend! A symbol of class, grace and perfection… I searched the internet for a photo of her, I picked the clearest photo I could find out there… And since I love to use unique color mixes, I started to think of what colors to choose for the painting… Read on to find out!
Before I begin, I’m glad to let you know that this post is sponsored by Jackson’s Art Supplies, which means you will get 10% discount if you purchase from Jackson’s Art Supplies through links in this post.
It was straightforward! Coco Chanel is a fashion icon, and she is all about elegant colors, so I collected the colors I wanted from the brand’s beauty products 🙂 I then organized them together into this collage, as a guide for my color palette 🙂
I started by a basic sketch with pencils, then by an Ivory Black oil paint.
I then proceeded with multiple layers, and reached to this stage and left it to dry. I chose blue color scheme for the background’s right side, and pink color scheme for the left side to add a pleasant colorful contrast to the painting
I then started to define more accuracy to the face, hair, and the background
This stage looks better, but I needed to add more highlights to the hair and the face
After the previous stage was completely dry, I started to add these beautiful highlights on the hair and the face, and also worked on the pearl neckless. And of course, an earing with CHANEL logo 🙂
So this is the final version! An elegant oil painting portrait for the elegant Coco Chanel!
(This painting is sold)
Check out my tutorial on how to mix oil colors with easy step-by-step instructions:
- How to Choose a Personalized Custom Art – Tips For Requesting Commissioned Artwork
- DIY Acrylic Painting By Numbers for Adults – Fun Art Projects For Adults
- How To Get a Retro Look for Your Bedroom With Just Four Items | Vintage Color Theme
- Step by Step Painting – Featuring “Arabian Princess” Oil Painting- How I Paint in Oil
- How To Mix Oil Paints for “Coffee Bliss” Painting by GK- Bohemian Color Chart
- How To Mix Oil Paints for Coco Chanel Painting by GK
- My Top Three Favorite Canvas Types For Oil Paintings
- How To Mix Oil Paints – Easy Oil Painting Tutorial
- How To Safely Package An Oil Painting in 5 Steps
- Step by Step Painting – Featuring “Set Me Free” Oil Painting- How I Paint in Oil
- Step by Step Painting- Featuring “Karma” – Oil Painting Diary – How I Paint in Oil
- How I Chose the Color Scheme for Coco Chanel Painting
- Step by Step Oil Painting Featuring “Bewitched” – GK Painting Diary- How I Paint in Oil
- Oil Painting Diary-“The Contemplating White Horse”
- How I Paint in Oil- Painting Diary- “Anticipation” Painting Stages