Every painting I make has an inspiration behind it, a thought in my mind that I can best express through colors…
I love coffee! It fills me with positive energy and boosts my mood… a simple pleasure like this inspired me to create this painting… How do I feel when I sip my morning coffee? I go to a happy world full of beautiful colors 🙂 The painting sends a happy feeling every time I look at it, that’s why I call it “Coffee Bliss”…
Before I continue, I’m glad to let you know that this post is sponsored by Jackson’s Art Supplies, which means you will get 10% discount if you purchase from Jackson’s Art Supplies through links in this post.
Day1: I start by sketching the painting concept in pencils, then by a single color of oil paint. In this painting, I used Vandyke Brown oil color. It dries fast so I don’t have to wait long before I start applying actual colors!
Day2: I wasn’t sure what colors to use yet, so I decided to paint a layer in gray-scale to define areas of lights and shadows, and probably this could give me an idea of what colors to choose! Also, a dark under-painting layer will add depth in the final painting…
Day3: After staring at the gray-scale for some time, I decided to use a combination of all bright colors possible, so I started mixing them and ended up with this layer. I left it to dry.
Day4: I wasn’t sure what colors to use for her hair and her sweater! So I tried this layer, and left it to dry…
Day5: I continued to experiment with different colors for the hair and sweater, but I still wasn’t happy!
I kept experimenting with different color mixes until I fell in love with these colors! dark red hair and bright green for the sweater with yellow highlights, and finally declared the painting “Completed” 🙂
Check out my tutorial on how to mix oil colors with easy step-by-step instructions:
- How to Choose a Personalized Custom Art – Tips For Requesting Commissioned Artwork
- DIY Acrylic Painting By Numbers for Adults – Fun Art Projects For Adults
- How To Get a Retro Look for Your Bedroom With Just Four Items | Vintage Color Theme
- Step by Step Painting – Featuring “Arabian Princess” Oil Painting- How I Paint in Oil
- How To Mix Oil Paints for “Coffee Bliss” Painting by GK- Bohemian Color Chart
- How To Mix Oil Paints for Coco Chanel Painting by GK
- My Top Three Favorite Canvas Types For Oil Paintings
- How To Mix Oil Paints – Easy Oil Painting Tutorial
- How To Safely Package An Oil Painting in 5 Steps
- Step by Step Painting – Featuring “Set Me Free” Oil Painting- How I Paint in Oil